Hannah's cattery & kennels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role play rules - read before posting

Go down

Role play rules - read before posting Empty Role play rules - read before posting

Post by XxHannahxX Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Welcome to the role play forum! This is where, if you have enough imagination, you can start or join an 'imaginary' role play! It's like writing a story, but others can join in too, which adds to the thrill!

These are the role play rules, remember that the standard forum rules apply here too, so read those before posting as well. Please be aware that if any rules are broken, wherever broken come with consequences, you have been warned.

Role-play rules:
1.) The RP must have an in depth storyline, with or without an ending, but so that participants don't stray from the idea of it. Make sure it's IN DEPTH, it also can't be a purely violence based RP, any RP's without a topic may be edited/deleted, and posts that stray from the story-line will be deleted. Please make your RP's original,they can be based on TV/book/film but make it original and your own, so don't follow the storyline of what it's meant to be.
2.) No god-modding, this is where you talk for another person, or take too much control over what happens in the RP. Minor godding is allowed, but to a small extent; e.g. I slumped to the ground, then she walked away. I am controlling the 'she' in the text, but to a minor extent, and remember to be polite and ask if this is okay. Also you can ask people not to do something, e.g. OOC: Please no one find me, I'm doing something with this post net post, thanks
3.) 1st and 3rd person only. No putting; *walks over to Hannah* please, using proper English sounds much better.
4.) When talking out of character put OOC before text, e.g. OOC: I've gone to the caves, so one of you can find him/her there, or not.
5.) Only join an RP if you are going to be active in it, please don't leave halfway through as it annoys a lot of people.
6.) Obey the rules the RP creator may have put in their post. I will edit any rules that are inappropriate.
7.) Time control is prohibited - the RP creator can control time but don't use this right in excess please,others must ask before time skipping.

The layout of an RP must follow: (Title) - (restriction level) - (Rating) - (accepting?) - (started?)
Example: Earth's end - (PM) - (E) - (Still accepting) - (started)

Title: The title must be related to the story line, and suitable by Mod/Admin standards. If you're not sure PM one of the Mod team for help.

The different restrictions are:
1.) (No PM) - No private message. This means members post their applications in the thread; they are open to everyone as is the least restricted.
2.) (PM) - Private message, you must contact the creator of the RP with your application before you can start posting in the RP. This means the RP creator can choose who they allow in the RP.
3.) (IO) - This is the most restricted option you can choose. The RP creator can invite who he likes into the forum, so others can't ask to be in it.

Ratings:
1.) (E) - Everyone, this means it is suitable for all to participate in and are not allowed any inappropriate language, violence etc.
2.) (T) - Teen role play, this contains mild language and violence but no sexual content to be allowed.
3.) (M) - Mature, this is increased violence, language and mild sexual content; it is up to the moderators if they allow it.
4.) (X) - This is the highest rating of RP you can get, and contain extreme violence and sexual references. This rating is banned, and all X rated content will be deleted.

Accepting/started:
This is basicaly if you are still accepting new characters and if you have started the role play yet.

Person, this is extra info you might like to add in (not for putting in title):
1.) 1st person - This is where you say; I went to the shop, and all text must be in this format (bar OOC)
2.) 2nd person - This is where you sat; You went to the shop and this is STRICTLY banned (bar OOC)
3.) 3rd person - This is where you say he/she, it's like being an onlooker of the story. Remember if you use this you can only control your character, not what someone else's character does, all text must be in this format (bar OOC).

Slang:
1.) RP - Role play
2.) OOC - Out if Character
3.) BIC - Back in Character

If you think of any more extra's PM a mod before using it, or if you think of one anyway, thank-you!
~Moderation team~
XxHannahxX
XxHannahxX
Admin

https://hannahsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down